Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday June 19, Fathers' Day

Cool & overcast at game time. Grounds crew had to locate some goals and move them into position:

Keith came ready for action.

(click on the photos for better view) Steve in the blue net, beauty rest Doug eventually in for white. Two guests, Jeff & Jake. 24 or 25 total players.

Scoring:

Rocco for blue on an untended goal 1-0
Keebs for white 1-1
Mario for white 1-2
Dave with a scorcher for blue 2-2
Keebs again 2-3
Vince for blue 3-3
Joe Bagels for blue 4-3
Joe again 5-3
Rocculous again 6-3
Mario on a penalty kick 6-4
Jake for white 6-5



Player of the Week: Mario




Born on January 9, 1967, in a very small town in the Minas Gerais, Brasil, called Resplendor. We are total of 5, I was the 4th, 2 sisters and 2 brothers. Back then, the main sport available was soccer, but my father never like it. Was a soccer field in the town, I went there once to see a game. Most the time is playing in the back yard with friends and relatives. No shoes.


1984 I move 4 hours way from home to learn to be a electrician, where I started to play for a local club.


1985 work on CVRD big company in Brasil , on ATC ( Automatic Trem Control), repairing locomotives.


1986 I come to America to save some money , so I can help my father in the farm. Alone, no friends, no english. Only have a pair of cloths, and I was wearing it. I did not get in to America, I did run into, from Mexico. My life in here was like a kipsy, here , there, everywhere, working to save money and sending to my father.


1989 I realized that as much I did send to my father, I didn't have a single penny on my name. So I stopped. Work my way to be legal in this country, learning the english in the street, no school, no time.

Then I met a beautiful girl (Rosmery), just come to America from Dominican Republic. Four months after we get marriage. 1991 after we have a daughter (Melina), 1996 we have a son (Brandon).


1999 I bought a house in Emerson, and open my own business as remanufacturing toner cartridges for laser printers in Hackensack, till today.


As my son growing, I coach recreation in town, then he start to play for Waldwick Club, where I met Mr. Marrone, and he told me about a great group of guys that is playing on Sundays, so I did play for a try out. I loved, was and still a group of remarkable guys, so I make a commitment and start playing soccer again.


If one day I decide to move back home or to DRepublic, keep in mind one thing, you all be part of my life.

Mario Dossantos














No comments: