Monday, January 28, 2013

Sunday Jan 27

Thanks to Mu-Mu for last week's re-cap.  I understand the weather was brutal this week, it was really nice in Florida.  Anyway, Sunday morning it's still cold, like 16, but clear.  Friday's inch of snow miraculously dissolved so it's game on.  13 v 13 despite conditions, Steve takes the white net because the blue end of the field is still a little icy.  Light-speed Joe and later Minor played keeper for white.  Jay's back, limping, Mario's back.

Vince to Jeff, for blue, 1-0
Rocc to Jay tapped in by Vince, 2-0
Jay with a free kick, 3-0
Keebs for white, 3-1
Mike to Keebs, 3-2
a couple of white players left so LS Joe goes to the white side to even up the numbers, if not the competitiveness of the blue team;
Ceebow for white, 3-3
Jamal to Keebs, 3-4
Marlen to Jay, 4-4
Keebs to Bobby for an OG, 4-5
Mario, all alone, 4-6

All-in-all a nice match.  Keebs if apparently off his bacon. When the sun got a little higher and the breeze abated it was actually pretty nice.

I haven't had the opportunity to do a new years review of the rules, and I don't feel like it today either.  The first rule is "No slide tackling, we all have to go to work tomorrow."  In that spirit I think we have to consider a new rule on heading the ball when going against another player.  There is tremendous opportunity for injury there, I think we see it every game.  I took a shot to the head last year and it has effected my vision even now, months later.  I don't know how this can be regulated, especially with corner kicks, but it should be discussed.

1 comment:

adamkeeble said...

The last goal was mine. Mario was sulking on the wing at the time I hammered it in (from two inches out)