Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday March 4

36 degrees and cloudy, a little windy, but it got nicer as the game wore on.  No guests and 26 players today.  Joe M,  Mike, Kennington, Uncle Joe and Eddy are back, Keebo too.  Keebs had a rather daring escape from Gitmo, didn't seem to want to talk about it.  Steve in the blue net, Doug in the white.

Jeff for white 1-0
Mu for white 2-0
Jelly from Imad for white 3-0
Ed to Bobby for an own goal  4-0
Free kick by Imad to Mario 5-0
Mario to Jelly6-0
Joe D for blue, finally,  6-1

we shifted the teams a little at this point, the Marks switched sides, Eric came over to blue, goalies came out to play the field, Ken left and it was a closer match for a while,  but then:

C for white 7-1
Mu for white 8-1

and that ended the official match.  Rocc had a bit of a tantrum cause guys were coming late and leaving early, but he left the game as well.  Some of us kept up an 8 v 8 for a little while longer, no score to report on that one, but white had more goals.

It finally occured to me that the problems the blue team has been having is probably my fault.  I felt bad about abandoning Bobby and I thought I was doing the blues a favor by sticking with their defense, but it seems the opposite is true.  Next week I will do my best to fuck up the white defense by wearing my old and forgotten white uniform.  Go white!

No comments: