Monday, August 11, 2008

MATCH DAY REPORT 8/10

I'll be honest about this from the start. I have no idea who won, and no idea of the score.

On a day when conditions were perfect, if a little warm, and there were no goals (that I can remember) that were disallowed for offside or any other violation, I don't understand how nobody could keep the score.

The White team certainly rose to the challenge and put together some sweet attacks against Steve in the Blue goal. The Blue team, consisting of Mike and some other people, kept things interesting right until the final "whistle" but with no idea of how many goals were scored and by whom (apart from my own three including that header at the end that left me dazed and blinded temporarily in one eye as I lost a contact lens) it's hard to say for sure who won.

FINAL SCORE: Honestly I have no clue. Both teams must have scored about 10 each at least.

Man-of-the-match: Mike M (Blue) - even by his own high standards, it was a masterclass. At least five goals and an engine like a finely-tuned Ferrari.

2 comments:

Scott K. Perkins said...

I spent the morning chasing the finely- tuned ferrari with the equivalent of a skateboard. As I sucked in the humid Waldwick air in search of more oxygen, Mike would score yet another goal.

I did notice, however, that Mike tends to shoot much farther from the goal than Keebo does.

The upside of this defensive tragedy was the fact that I got to park in the handicapped spot at work today.

Next week I am either going to have to go blue or utilize the 10:15-sandwich method of defense.

Scott P.

adamkeeble said...

While we're still on the subject of last week's game, I left something on the field and was wondering if anyone picked it up or took it home by accident.

So, if anyone has the skin from my left shinbone I think I left it to the left of the Blue team goal line when I chased a through ball, missed it like a prick, then felt obligated to run after it and slid to try and prevent the goal kick.

If it really is lost, I have to decide which is my least favorite child of my two so I can graft some skin from his or her back to replace it. Thanks!