Monday, July 28, 2008

MATCH DAY REPORT: 7/27

It was hot and wet, but a good turnout and an unlikely goalkeeper made for a fun morning.

Firstly - the score. I've no idea. I thought I knew, but when two guys gave me wildly different thoughts on the scoreline, I gave up. I know I didn't score any. Again. That header went close, but...

I digress. Tom brought his friend Colin along to make his debut, and he opened the scoring (and added at least one more - diving header, no less) before leaving early. Vince scored a bunch, cashing in on some niaive White team defending and Tom (Shaggy) making his first appearance in the White goal (and holding his own... not literally, because he would have struggled to make the saves he did if he'd been actually holding his own. I digress.)

The Blue team were certainly the more attractive team to watch - when they were in the middle of the park. Their attacks, however, stemmed from long balls into the final third for Vince and Rocco to run on to. The Whites continued to use the wings while Dan would sometimes stroke through an immaculate pass beyond the defenders for me to miss, over-run, shoot wide, trip over and generally arse-up. Scott P played a little deeper, Tom a little wider, Shaun a little earlier than usual, Tim a little later (post vacation soreness.)

FINAL SCORE: Both teams got at least six each. Then it all gets a little confused, what with offside goals and all. Opinion was that the White team won.

Man-of-the-match: Tom (Shaggy) (White) - took on the goalkeeping mantle and (probably) steered his team to a win.

No comments: