Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday August 19

I always hated hearing my father say "There's a touch of fall in the air." I'm an endless summer kind of guy.  But today, there is.  Even the NY Times says so.  The heat in my house kicked on.  It's like 50 something outside.  And at our beautiful field, the Waldwick High School girls soccer team is assembling for their first practice.  We started quickly with 8 v 10, Doug in the blue net, Ben in for white, then Mark S, and then Bobby, yes that Bobby.  After a while we got up to 27 guys, Steve G played defense with the blue team.

Steve P got it started, for blue, 1-0
Jelly came back for white, 1-1
Steve again, 2-1
Steve again, 3-1
Jeff for the white, 3-2
Own Goal by me.  My pass back to Doug was too wimpy and a white player managed to tap it in, not sure who, Jeff?  3-3
Jeff, 3-4
Minor for blue, 4-4
Dave for white, 5-4, whereupon the whites left the field.  Somewhat unsporting, but the girls had agreed to hold off their practice till 9:30.

Next week, the girls will be back, at ten.  Our game will be from 8 till 10.  Players shall report early enough that they can prepare themselves and be ready to go at 8.

No comments: