Sunday, April 12, 2009

MATCH REPORT 4/12

First up, I have no idea of the score. Regardless of the goals that might or might not have been due to disputed offside calls, I will confess I just didn't pay attention.

It was certainly colder and windier than had been expected, but the quality of play didn't suffer. The White team goalkeeping situation certainly suffered when Steve didn't make his train from Hoboken, and a string of outfield players took turns between the pipes with varying degrees of ineptitude.

There were pretty goals, scrappy goals, own goals - the whole flippin' lot. I just don't know how many.

MAN-OF-THE MATCH: All of us for braving the wind. And Stephen, Rocco's son, who isn't a WSS player per se but was coming back from a long lay off and scored a couple of beauties.

FINAL SCORE: 6-6. Those numbers have no basis in fact to my knowledge at all.

No comments: